Forgiveness is something every recovering addict works towards during their stages of drug rehab in Charlotte NC. They even work toward it after, as well. They'll work toward forgiving themselves and anyone that had a part in their addiction.
In addition, being forgiven is also a large part of overcoming substance abuse. Addicts do a lot of things that can turn their loved ones away from them. They might lie, cheat or steal, in order to ensure they'll get their next high. This can cause a great deal of stress and worry while loved ones stand by and watch their friends or family struggle with addiction.
Forgiveness | Drug Rehab in Charlotte NC
Forgiving an addict that has chose the path to recovery might sound easy, but it's actually harder than imagined. Why? You'll be faced with times that are hard to deal with. Expressing thoughts and feelings can be difficult when you know the recovering addict is still in the beginning stages of quitting substance abuse. There's a fine line that has to be walked in this situation.
Many times, family and friends have a hard time looking over the bad behavior of an addict. They have trouble looking past the lying or cheating. Forgiveness seems like it could be years away.
No matter how long it takes, forgiveness is there. It will come with time and patience. In our previous blog post, we talked about how to repair a broken relationship, after addiction has ruined it. If you'd like to revisit it or take time to read it first, visit back here.
Below, you'll find several inspirational quotes about forgiveness. We hope they help you move forward in a positive way. Remember, forgiveness is a long process that will take time. Don't rush it.
Forgiveness Quotes | Drug Rehab in Charlotte
- “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” - Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism
- “There is no such thing as a "broken family." Family is family, and is not determined by marriage certificates, divorce papers, and adoption documents. Families are made in the heart. The only time family becomes null is when those ties in the heart are cut. If you cut those ties, those people are not your family. If you make those ties, those people are your family. And if you hate those ties, those people will still be your family because whatever you hate will always be with you.” - C. JoyBell C.
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” - Mahatma Gandhi, All Men are Brothers: Autobiographical Reflections
- “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” - Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
- “Last night I lost the world, and gained the universe.” - C. JoyBell C.
- “I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.” - Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
- “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” - Mark Twain
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- “Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.” - Robert Jordan
- "Without forgiveness life is governed by... an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation." – Roberto Assagioli
- "When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free." -Katherine Ponder
- "We are all on a life long journey and the core of its meaning, the terrible demand of its centrality is forgiving and being forgiven." - Martha Kilpatrick
- "To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." - Louis B. Smedes
- "To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness." - Robert Muller
- "There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love." - Bryant H. McGill
- "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "Sincere forgiveness isn't colored with expectations that the other person apologize or change. Don't worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time-just like it does for you and me." - Sara Paddison
- "Only the brave know how to forgive. ... A coward never forgave; it is not in his nature." - Laurence Sterne
- "Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast." - Marlene Dietrich
- "Life is an adventure in forgiveness." - Norman Cousins
- "It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend." - William Blake
- "If you can't forgive and forget, pick one." - Robert Brault
- "He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass." - George Herbert
- "Genuine forgiveness does not deny anger but faces it head-on." - Alice Duer Miller
- "Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future." - Louis B. Smedes
- "Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge." - Isaac Friedmann
- "Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom." - Hannah Arendt
- "Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life." - George MacDonald
- "Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." - Mark Twain
- "Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me." - Anonymous
- "Forgiveness is like faith. You have to keep reviving it." - Mason Cooley
- "Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave." - Indira Gandhi
- "Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting." - William Arthur Ward
- "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future." - Paul Boese
- "Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself." - Harriet Nelson
- "As long as you don't forgive, who and whatever it is will occupy a rent-free space in your mind." -Isabelle Holland
- "Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were." – Cherie Carter-Scott
- "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
- "A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers." - Robert Quillen
We hope these quotes help you cope with the process of forgiveness. While we know it won't be easy, this inspiration will hopefully eliminate any stress or anxiety that might come with this situation.
Legacy Freedom | Drug Rehab in Charlotte NC
If someone you know and love is struggling with drug use, don’t hesitate to help them get into drug rehab in Charlotte. Drug rehab might be the only chance they have at recovery. There are numerous people dealing with addiction in the world so it's important to understand you aren't alone.
Regardless of how bad drug or alcohol use has become, help is always available. Contact Legacy Freedom if you need drug rehab in Charlotte. We are here to help you get back on track to a healthier, happier life.