Sometimes, we all need a little hope. Oftentimes, it is found through quotes from some of our most beloved actors, writers and other famous people. This type of inspiration can help us through dark times. The quotes can be read during the day, as we wake up for the day or right before bed. Whatever time you choose to rely on these quotes, they're sure to help you through your sadness.
Below, you'll find some of the most inspirational and motivating quotes written in history. If one in particular strikes you as hopeful and inspiring, remember it. Use it to help you through your most difficult times.
Inspiration | Drug Rehab in Charlotte
- “Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “As one goes through life, one learns that if you don’t paddle your own canoe, you don’t move.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “Every experience in your life is being orchestrated to teach you something you need to know to move forward.” – Brian Tracy
- “Every noble work is at first impossible.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- “Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb
- “Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.” – J. Petit Senn
- “I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “I dwell in possibility.” – Emily Dickinson
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” – Muhammad Ali
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
- “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life – and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
- “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
- “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” – Michael Jordan
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger — something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell
- “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” – Agnes Repplier
- “It’s difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you.” – Russell Brand
- “Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.” – Theodore T. Hunger
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.” – Bernard Williams
- “Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.” – Brian Tracy
- “Not feeling is no replacement for reality. Your problems today are still your problems tomorrow.” – Larry Michael Dredla
- “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
These quotes are meant to help anyone through a dark time. No matter what your sadness or depression is stemming from, read this hope and find comfort in them.
Are you struggling with addiction? Do you have a loved one facing a long-term battle of substance abuse? Legacy Freedom of Charlotte can help. Don't hesitate to contact us, today.
Drug Rehab in Charlotte
If you’re suffering from an addiction and need help, consider contacting us to learn about drug rehab in Charlotte. Addiction isn’t something that can be beaten easily. Often it requires extensive rehab and support. Legacy Freedom is here to offer both to you, when you’re ready. Addiction can leave you feeling sad, lonely, and angry. You are not alone. Legacy Freedom is here to help you get back on track to a happier, healthy, drug free life. Contact us to learn more.